Northern California Band & Choir Directors' Association
The next Honor Band, Select Choir, and Honor Jazz Ensemble weekend will be Thursday, January 31st to Saturday, February 2nd, 2019. It will take place at Sonoma State University.
Click Here for 2019 Honor Band Audition Excerpts
Click Here for 2019 Honor Band Scales
NCBCDA is thrilled to now be hosting an auditioned Honor Jazz Band and Jazz Choir. See below for audition materials:
Jazz Choir Audition Material:
1) Chromatic scale, eighth notes, any syllable. Quarter note = 120
2) Blues scale, eighth notes, any syllable. Quarter note = 120
3) Solo, "I'm Old Fashioned", with accompaniment such as Aebersold or Band in a Box
4) Part singing "London by Night," a cappella
5) 2-3 choruses of improvisation, with accompaniment such as Aebersold or Band in a Box
Click Here for Honor Jazz Band Audition Material.
Click Here for the detailed instructions on how to record Jazz Auditions.
4 year NorCal Participant and Heistand scholarship recipient, Rose Campion recently recieved the honor of being named valedictorian of University of Southern California. Here is a video of her speech (posted with her permission), at the 2018 USC graduation ceremony. Congratulations to Rose and brava!
Video of Rose Campion's Speech
or click this URL for the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjetzdQc3t4&t=7s